What is pupil premium?
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools to help children from low income families achieve in line with their potential. Copnor Primary School will only receive this additional money to spend on children if parents or guardians who are eligible apply for it.
Who is eligible?
The school is awarded the additional funding for children who meet any of the following criteria:
Whilst Children in EYFS/KS1 currently get Free School Meals it is still important that parents complete an Entitlement Application Form as this can bring in adiitional funding to help your child reach their full potential.
- Have a parent serving in the armed forces;
- Are currently entitled to free school meals
- Have been entitled to free school meals within the last 6 years;
- Are ‘looked after’
- Are covered by a guardianship order
- Are covered by a residency order
- Have been adopted from care.
Government Guidance on Pupil Premium Funding