Ethos and Values
Our vision statement is
To raise aspirations and life skills through enriching the children’s experiences
Our Motto is
Aspire and Achieve
We held a whole school competition to name the animals and explain how each one got its value.
The winner was Dylan H in Year 1 who wrote a fantastic story which did exactly this!
When children demonstrate one of the Learning Values, their teacher may give them the relevant animal to look after.
It is a great way to help us remember our Learning Values. And of course, every class in the school now has 5 new members!
Read Dylan’s story here
Whole School Priorities
- To immerse children in a reading culture
- To promote reasoning skills and enrich vocabulary
- To secure at least 3.0 points progress in Reading, Writing and Maths
Drivers for curriculum planning
- Sequence skills carefully within subjects
- Sequence skills carefully across subjects
- Plan opportunities for fluency
General Teaching Pedagogy
- Fast engagement of children
- Promotion of pupil discussion
- Clear contexts for learning
- Frequent opportunities for active learning
- Frequent opportunities for reasoning
- Use Afl during and after lessons to target challenge
- Use group modelling to maximise challenge
- Maximise opportunities to teach and enhance vocabluary